About Us

This is the official website of The Scottish Lithuanian Cultural and Recreational Club, based in Mossend in the Bellshill district of Strathclyde in Scotland.

The Club was formed after the second world war in the 1950’s by a charitable gift from Mr. Bandoni an Italian businessman who ran a cafe in New Stevenston, to displaced Lithuanians.

The Club started off as the “tin hut” or known colloquially as “The Shimie” on the corner of Calder Road and Main Street, Mossend.
OldLithy

 

The Club grew from strength to strength and finally moved to the site of where the Club now stands  at 79A, Calder Road, Mossend in 1979.

 

We are fully licensed under The Licencing (Scotland) Act 2005 and can cater for many functions such as Birthday Parties, Weddings, Civil Receptions, Funerals, Company/ Corporate Functions and Meetings.